Wednesday, October 6, 2010

New Life Worship: Hiding place



It has been a very busy September and here we are a week into October. I haven't been attending to the blog, but then there aren't people hanging on my every word either.
Some wonderful things have been happening and as usual some challenges as well. The Community Bible Study Fellowship that some friends and I have begun is going well. We have 56 women in Bible study doing Jesus the One and Only. That thrills my heart. The really good part is that we come from many churches in our area and we are hoping and praying it will build bonds and a sense of unity among us. Jesus prayer was John 17:21 "that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me."
I had the privilege of meeting Sandy Day http://www.calebministries.org/. I volunteer with the Woman's Enrichment and Family Center and they sponsored a seminar with her. Part of my privilege was to be her guide and host since she is not familiar with our area. What a delightful sister in the Lord. All I can say is she did what Hebrews 10:24 tells us to do, "Let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds." I came away from my time with her more committed to be who God wants me to be. I love it when that happens.
In the middle of all this I had two episodes with my inner ear that causes extreme vertigo. I average one episode about every year and a half. The good part was my husband was wonderful or I would never have made it. When I am in the worst part I can't function. All I can do is hang onto my bed with my eyes closed. There is no walking or even crawling when it hits. Even when it's over there is a residual that's very unpleasant. The day before my sister and nieces got here for a rare visit in North Carolina I had my second episode. Fortunately I was able to rebound enough to really enjoy their company and cook! They left yesterday morning on the same day the Woman's Enrichment Center opened an office in my hometown. So...whew!
Added to all this like wonderful icing on a beautiful cake is my privilege of writing for A Martha Heart http://www.amarthaheart.com/. Once again, the best part is getting to know the women who are on the team. I hope you will drop by often to partake of all that is being offered. Be sure and check out all the wonderful recipes that are there. I made the apple craisin breakfast casserole for my family and it was a BIG hit. So simple too when you are rushed...make it the night before and pop it in the oven in the morning.
This morning I have had the luxury of lying down beside the still waters. I love the quietness here at my Shepherd’s feet for some needed restoration.

Carol


No comments: