Saturday, January 26, 2008

IT IS THE POWER OF GOD

IT IS THE POWER OF GOD

For the word of the cross is to those who are perishing foolishness, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 1 Corinthians 1:18

When an angel appeared to Joseph in a dream to tell him to go through with his plans to wed Mary he said this, “You shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins.” Matthew 1:21b We can rejoice because Jesus took the penalty of our sin on Himself at the cross. Those who are perishing will never know the sweet release we felt when the “burden of our hearts rolled away.” As wonderful as that is it just keeps getting better. As we renew our minds and grow in grace we find that the power of sin has been broken. Rom 6:18 “And having been freed from sin, you became slaves of righteousness.” And it just keeps getting better. One day when we see Him as He is we shall be like Him. 1 John 3:2 No longer will we have a sin nature and we will be saved from the presence of sin. Praise the Lord, praise the Lord oh my soul! The cross is the power of God. Pray daily to grow in understanding and application of all that He accomplished for us there.

MY PRAYER: Lord, thank you for taking my place and my punishment on the cross. I am so grateful to be free from sin’s penalty and power. It may sound like foolishness to those who are still lost and undone without you, but I know that it is the mightiest demonstration of your wisdom and power. I am filled with gratitude at the very thought of all that you accomplished for me there. Help me to speak that word to others with confidence.

MY CONFESSION: I am not ashamed of the gospel. It is the power of salvation to all who would believe. I will walk this day with a grateful heart acknowledging that I am free from the penalty my sins deserve. I will take every opportunity You give me to share with those who are perishing this powerful word.

No comments: