Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Having Done All...Stand


To me this so clearly illustrates what Peter says about the devil being a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour. This is a cougar but the methods are the same. The cat caught the cub separated from its mama, rolling around taking life easy and the predator seized the opportunity to pounce. This little cub panicked and tried valiantly to escape but clearly was no match. When it finally came down to it...the cub had to take a stand and fight for its life.

We are told in Ephesians 6 to be on the alert and clothed with our God-given protection. Eph 6:11 Put on the full armor of God, that you may be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil. Eph 6:13 Therefore, take up the full armor of God, that you may be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm. We are also told in James 4:7-8 to resist the devil and he will flee from you. Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Just like this little cub we are no match. But when we do what our Father commands by taking our stand and resisting we can know that rising up behind us is the full authority and protection of our Shepherd, the Almighty. The enemy will flee and we can run to the One who will comfort and heal us. He's saved my scrawny neck countless times. How about you? Do you need to stop running in a panic and take a stand?

MY PRAYER: Convict me when I'm running scared to stop, submit myself to you, and take my stand. Father, you have promised that as we submit to you and resist our enemy that he will flee from us. I am dressed in your righteousness alone and that scares my enemy. He doesn't see me...he sees you. You are awesome and you are mighty to save. In the Name above all names.

No comments: