Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Saving Strength of His Right Hand


A Psalm of David.) May the LORD answer you in the day of trouble! May the name of the God of Jacob set you securely on high! May He send you help from the sanctuary, and support you from Zion! May He remember all your meal offerings, and find your burnt offering acceptable! Selah. May He grant you your heart's desire, and fulfill all your counsel! We will sing for joy over your victory, and in the name of our God we will set up our banners. May the LORD fulfill all your petitions. Now I know that the LORD saves His anointed; He will answer him from His holy heaven, with the saving strength of His right hand. Some boast in chariots, and some in horses; but we will boast in the name of the LORD, our God. They have bowed down and fallen; but we have risen and stood upright. Save, O LORD; May the King answer us in the day we call. Psalm 20:1-9 NASB
Ever have one of those nights where you wake up and the sadness and lack of hope over a situation just settles over you like a dark suffocating quilt of despair? I had one of those moments last night. I thought of Rich Mullin’s words from Hold Me Jesus:

Well, sometimes my life
Just don't make sense at all
When the mountains look so big
And my faith just seems so small
And I wake up in the night and feel the dark
It's so hot inside my soul
I swear there must be blisters on my heart
So hold me Jesus, 'cause I'm shaking like a leaf
You have been King of my glory
Won't You be my Prince of Peace

I was confronted with two choices:

• Give in and let it bury me under the hopeless weight of seemingly insurmountable odds….
• Look up and trust in the saving strength of God’s right hand.

Hebrews 1:3 lets us know that it is Jesus who sat down at the right hand of the Father. He is the Redeemer. He is the One who by His mighty and awesome power can and will, “work all things together for good to those who love Him and are called according to His purposes.” Romans 8:28 I am looking up to the One who sets me securely on high. I am looking to the One who will help and support me. I will place my confidence in His mighty and awesome name. Oh to know and believe that He is bending His ear to hear the cries and petitions of our hearts.

Psalm 20 fell over me this morning returning a quietness and confidence that defies what my eyes can see. Now I know that the LORD saves His anointed; He will answer him
from His holy heaven, with the saving strength of His right hand. Some boast in chariots, and some in horses; but we will boast in the name of the LORD, our God. They have bowed down and fallen; but we have risen and stood upright. To quote Keith Green speaking for Noah, “It’s just a matter of time until we see who’s going to float.” My circumstances will bow and fall to His great plan that He is unfolding. When our issues drive us to our knees we will rise secure and upright as we put our trust in the Name. We will be refined and repaired by putting our faith in who He is.
My prayer for you today is that the LORD will answer you in the day of trouble! The name of the God of Jacob set you securely on high…high above your circumstances. I will sing for joy over your victory.

No comments: