Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Two Great Prayers

I mentioned in an earlier blog that I went to a Jason Gray concert last Sunday and was so glad I had the opportunity. He quoted someone who said the two greatest prayers we can pray are, “Help me, help me, help me!” and “Thank you, thank you, thank you.” Today my granddaughter and I experienced how true that is.

She’s eight years old and has beautiful, thick, brown hair. We decided to eat dinner out and everyone was going in different directions getting ready. Her mom told her to brush out her freshly shampooed hair. We are visiting in their home and I am sharing the bathroom with the children. She picked up my small cylindrical hairbrush meant for styling short hair. She got her long hair tangled in the brush and couldn’t pull it out. She thought the logical thing to do was rotate it in the opposite direction which only wound it more tightly until it was firmly affixed to her scalp. I wish now I had taken a picture of her predicament, but she wouldn’t have appreciated it. She was afraid the only solution was going to be a haircut. Honestly, that thought crossed my mind too. I told her that we needed to pray for help in untangling the mess and we did. Approximately 15 minutes later with a few, trying to be brave tears, flowing down her cheeks I had her untangled. She bowed her head with no prompting and said, “Jesus, thank you, thank you, thank you.” I loved it and I’m sure He did too.

No comments: