Thursday, September 10, 2009

Pursue

We are in Ft. Wayne visiting with our son and daughter-in-law in their new home. My husband and son have worked hard in their unfinished basement and have accomplished a massive amount. Lindsay and I on the other hand have shopped and visited with family and enjoyed the perks of not being involved in "the project." It really has been fun, but now we are headed home.
I feel that now my fall schedule really begins. My thoughts are turning more and more to the Bible study I will be sharing with a group of women and how much I am looking forward to the accountability.
I hope you are doing something to actively pursue growing in the knowledge and grace of the Lord and strengthening your relationship with Him and others. We are encouraged in Hebrews 2:1 to be careful not to drift away from what we have heard. Drift is a word that paints a picture of a gentle, slow slipping away. Are you drifting? Are you losing your passion and focus? Find a prayer group, a Bible study class and join in. If there isn't one, then start one. That's what I did many years ago and what a rich blessing that decision has been.
I have walked with the Lord a long time and I don't forsee a time when I won't need encouraging fellowship and accountability. In 2 Timothy 2:22 Paul encourages Timothy to "pursue righteousness, faith, love, peace with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart." Pursuit puts an end to drift.
Send me an email or leave me a message and let me know what your plans are. I would love to hear.

No comments: