Thursday, January 14, 2010

Cure for a Spiritual Rut


And Peter answered Him and said, "Lord, if it is You, command me to come to You on the water." And He said, "Come!" And Peter got out of the boat, and walked on the water and came toward Jesus. Matthew 14:28-29

Recently I found myself in a spiritual rut. Has that ever happened to you? As I was considering what had led me to this place, I open my mouth in prayer and said something like this, “Lord, everything I’m doing right now I’m very comfortable with. I don’t feel like I am growing or being stretched. Bid me to come to You and challenge me beyond my own puny abilities.”

Well, He took me up on my offer, so here we go into some new territory. I’m pretty sure I’m just in ankle deep water at this point, but suddenly I’m not in that dry rut.

If you want to see a new land sometimes you have to lose sight of the shore for a while. That’s why He told His disciples that He is the way, the truth, and the life. He wants us to go wherever He bids. He won’t give us a map to follow, but a Savior to lead the way. He wants us to keep our eyes on Him in a close relationship. Nothing like getting in over our heads to keep us close.

MY PRAYER: Lord, help me not to look at my circumstances and grow faithless and afraid. Help me to look full in your wonderful face and know that you will give me the strength and the resources needed to follow you and bring glory to you. In Jesus name, Amen.
MY CONFESSION: "For nothing will be impossible with God." "Behold, the bondslave of the Lord; be it done to me according to your word." Luke 1:37-38b

No comments: