Monday, January 18, 2010

Humble Hearts and Open Eyes

God has given us the task of telling everyone what he is doing. We're Christ's representatives. God uses us to persuade men and women to drop their differences and enter into God's work of making things right between them. We're speaking for Christ himself now: Become friends with God.” 2 Corinthians 5:20 The Message

God has spoken the same thing to me in two different ways today. I find that He will do this as only He can to let me know, “Yes, I am talking to you Carol. This is what I want you to hear so I am saying it in two different ways through two different vessels.” The first is from a book first published 37 years ago by Nellie Pickard called What Do You Say When…..on how God taught her how to share her faith on the go through life in an effective and winsome manner. I love her heart and reading her stories stirs my faith. She talks very openly that at one point in her life everything she did revolved around herself and her interests. God taught her to take the time to look around at others while standing in grocery lines or wherever her life took her. She learned to become available to others as she went about her daily chores. If she was on vacation then she was available to her fellow travelers or the woman sitting next to her at the pool. As she slowed down and become God and others focused the Lord used her in big and small ways to shine His light.

Then a couple of hours later I read this gem, “ God uses humble hearts—not hurried ones,” set in the middle of a wonderful devotional that you can find in its entirety here. http://www.facebook.com/notes/dayspring-cards/hello-hope/261062608192 .

I believe God wants to remind us that people are the only things that by His saving grace that we can take to heaven with us. Let’s leave our homes with this realization that we need to slow down, acknowledge the great needy world around us, and be sensitive and available. I need that reminder do you?

MY PRAYER: Lord, help us not to discount that some sow very small little seeds of faith implanted in the hearts of the hungry, seeking, and lost. Some of us will water, but you will give the increase. Help us to lift our eyes off of the mundane and see the harvest is great and the workers few. Open my blind eyes to see people as you see them. In Jesus name, amen.

MY CONFESSION: I am an ambassador a representative of Jesus Christ. I will present my body available to you to reach your world. You have given me your Spirit and therefore the power to be your witness. I stand on Your word!

No comments: