Monday, July 12, 2010

It's Been a While

It's been a long time since I have been on the blog. We've celebrated our 39th wedding anniversary with our daughter and her family. They flew in from Washington state with two of our granddaughters. It made it all the more fun and special to have them here with us.

Then we celebrated my birthday in Maryland with the immediate family together including our son, his wife Lindsay, and our newest addition little Paityn Jean Lackland. My birthday happens to coincide with the 4th of July annual Lackland reunion so it is never dull.

My husband's cousin lives right on the Potomac so there is fishing, canoeing and beautiful fireworks all around the river. Her son puts on an impressive display of his own for us. Most of all it is a good time to gather with extended family we see too infrequently.

We took advantage of our location to visit Mt.Vernon, Gettysburg, and while our granddaughters were taken to the Smithsonian, Rell and I went to the Holocaust museum. I was reminded once again of the truth, "All that it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." I'm still processing all that we experienced.

I'm filled with gratitude that our children went to all the trouble and expense to spend this time together. I'm grateful for the ability to travel and spend time with our loved ones. The pages of the calendar of my life seem to be flipping at an escalating rate. I want to savor every day and use it to grow closer to my Savior and those He has given me to love.

We had a great time but it's good to be home.

No comments: