Thursday, December 9, 2010

Dolly Parton; Selah - Once Upon a Christmas


I love this version of Once Upon a Christmas. It amazes me that Dolly Parton wrote it, just the way it amazes me that crazy (in a good way) Mark Lowery wrote Mary Did You Know. I guess the Lord means it when He says, "but God has chosen the foolish things of the world to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to shame the things which are strong, and the base things of the world and the despised, God has chosen, the things that are not, that He might nullify the things that are, that no man should boast before God." 1 Corinthians 1:27-29 NASB That's what gives me hope that I may do some lasting good in this life. Those who know me recognize what God has done.
It is hard for me to take when someone compliments me on some aspect of giftedness and they don't realize what a work God has had to do to bring it to pass. It isn't a false sense of humility...it is a deep realization as Paul says in Romans 11:36 "For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever. Amen."
I don't want to ever lose sight that these creative gifts come from the great Creator for the benefit of us all.
I hope you are enjoying this wonderful season. Cast all your care on Him because He cares for you.

No comments: