Friday, December 31, 2010

I was visiting in a friend's home yesterday,and framed on her dresser was this verse from Isaiah 42:16 "And I will lead the blind by a way they do not know, In paths they do not know I will guide them. I will make darkness into light before them And rugged places into plains. These are the things I will do, And I will not leave them undone." I stood for a long time looking at the verse and remembering...a young woman who was getting ready to break free from a long period of bondage, very fearful and wanting above all to be led by the Prince of Peace. I didn't know the Scripture from Isaiah so the Lord gave me a dream where I experienced it. Later on I was stunned when I came upon the verse.

I am no longer a young woman and I know I'm not completely walking in all the freedom He wants to give me. On the brink of a new year He brought to my rememberance that He will be leading me in paths that I don't yet know. I have His promise to make darkness light before and rugged places into plains. He is my Guide, my Light, and the Leveler of my Path. My Lord knows the way through the wilderness, all I have to do is follow.

I pray that you will allow Him to be your Guide and Companion into the New Year that awaits you.

Love and abundant blessings,


1 comment:

LisaShaw said...

Carol,

Whenever I visit I leave FULL. Thank you for sharing. These are things I'm thinking of as well.

I pray a beautiful and blessed year in the LORD for you and yours!