Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thankful

But as for me, I watch in hope for the LORD, I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me. Micah 7:7
If we are faithless, He remains faithful; for He cannot deny Himself. 2 Timothy 2:13

On this Thanksgiving Day, gratitude for the utter trustworthiness of a faithful Savior floods my heart with peace .Even in the midst of trials; I watch and wait in faith that my God will hear me. It doesn’t depend on my flawless performance but on His abiding faithfulness.

We are in Washington celebrating Thanksgiving with our daughter and her family. One of the things I really enjoy when we are here is going to His Place, their church in Burlington. I am always riveted by a beautiful portrait they have in their sanctuary. I ask my son-in-law to take a picture of it for me. What is so unique is the portrait of Christ on the cross is composed by the placement of individual pictures of the people in their congregation.

This sums up the bottom line of my gratitude. God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. "For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world should be saved through Him. John 3:16-17

Hope you have a meaningful Thanksgiving and a heart filled with gratitude.

No comments: