Saturday, November 14, 2009

Lavished By Grace

I have posted this before but I need a daily reminder to live lavished and I believe you do too.
Living Lavished
,


In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace, which He lavished upon us. Ephesians 1:7-8a NASV

When I read in the beginning chapters of Genesis, I am always gripped by the utter tragedy of the fall. How little do we comprehend the consequences of our choices whether for good or evil. I was once told that Satan will always tell us what it will cost to obey, but never the awful cost of disobedience. I was struck with the word in Genesis 3:24 that God drove Adam out of the garden. Then in Genesis.4:14 Cain uses the same word to say, "You have driven me from the face of the ground and from your face." Were more chilling and despairing words ever spoken? These words when pondered make me grasp the essence of hell itself. Not until Jesus cried out from the cross, "My God, my God, why have You forsaken Me?" does anything come as close. And with that, the Son of God, the last Adam, laid down His life to lift us from the fall. I bow in gratitude that the wrenching despair of Cain will never be mine even though deserved. I am including a video to a song that was written in 1863 by a woman named Charite Bancroft. I have listened to this song in so many times I'm surprised the CD will still play. Just hearing the words helps us to understand what Paul meant in Ephesians 1:7 "In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace which He lavished on us." Don't allow the enemy of your soul convince you that something done in the past disqualifies you from enjoying Him in the present. Isaiah shows the way back home to living before His face: Isaiah 55:7 Let the wicked forsake his way, And the unrighteous man his thoughts; And let him return to the LORD, And He will have compassion on him; And to our God, For He will abundantly pardon." Determine to live your life, day by day, with the knowledge that you have been lavished by grace and abundantly pardoned.

MY PRAYER: Lord, you are my pure and perfect plea and I come to your throne of grace to receive the help I need. I come dressed in your righteousness alone and therefore I can come boldly and gratefully.

MY CONFESSION: Lord, I have redemption through your blood, you have forgiven my trespasses and lavished me with your grace. I love you and I stand on your word.

No comments: